My dad and his friend jointly purchased a land in UP 11 years ago. Although my Dad and his friend both paid the money equally by cheque the registration document only includes my dad's friend's name. For 11 years now my dad has the possession of the land and he is also running a factory there. As there is no contract between my dad and his friend stating the possession of the land my dad's friend now claims that the entire property belongs to him. Is there any way we can take legal action against my dad's friend and claim the property?


Answered on November 08, 2017
  • share
  • You will have to file a Civil Suit in a court of Competent Jurisdiction to claim title to your share in the property in question and in such suit you will have to produce documents to show that your father has paid his share at the time of acquiring the property in question.